Saturday, October 28, 2006

When in Rome...

Hair removal is all the rage here and I, apparently, have the arms of a gorilla so there was no other option but to remove it. Simple, right? My sister and I went to the store and bought "Sweet" which is a sort of wax made out of sugar I suppose. We melted it in warm water and then she turned it into a taffy-like substance and then proceeded to smush it on my arm and rip it off with all the hair included. Needless to say, there was quite a bit of moaning and screaming. After about an hour of this, she decided it wasn't good enough so she would also use thread. She took some thread , put an end in her mouth, held an end in her hand and twisted it all around in a way so that she moves it across my skin and the thread grabs and rips out all of the hairs in it's way. Finally, after about 1 1/2 hours I was finished with having hair ripped out of my body and the results? The smoothest skin I've ever, ever had in my whole entire life.

Was it worth it? Still not sure because it's been over 12 hours and I'm still in some pain and my arms are still pretty red.

But you know what they say: When in Rome, do as the Romans!

Here is the halfway picture so you can compare the difference.

(This is the "I'm amused but in a lot of pain smile!")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow sister! that looks like it hurt!! i feel ya on the gorilla arms though. man, i hope it stays nice and smooth for a long time...so you don't have to do it very often!

good job 'blending' in there!

the Beckster said...

OUCH!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We love you cute lady. I am so happy to see some pics and get an idea about what your life is like...the only sad part is it makes me miss you. Know you are loved. Alecia waxed her arms too and when i was in school they waxed my arms for practice as well! I understand your pain, but i think the wax we use here is a lot more gentle!
love you lots
janelle.forrest