Sunday, December 10, 2006

Alexandria

Today, some friends and I spent the day in Alex. Here are some of the highlights!

The befores and afters of our lunch. We got to pick out our fish and everything!





My friend the shrimp with the Med Sea in the background.



City pics (I'm trying to be more artistic)




If you don't read Arabic, you won't be able to tell that this is a Starbucks. I got so excited...and then realized that it isn't open yet. Bummer! While I was taking the picture all these workers kept yelling, "No!" at me, trying to get me to understand that the store wasn't open yet. I just ignored them, as usual.


4 comments:

Lesli said...

oh my gosh that is so not fair! Starbucks??? wow. How far away is it from where you live?

Sarah/Eve said...

2 1/2 hours by train and another 20min. by taxi, so I think I'll only get to go once a week. just kidding! Who knows when I'll get to Alex again.

Liana said...

why do you always find the nastiest pictures of fish?! i used to like fish.

Niles said...

Sarah!!! Hi friend.
I thought I'd let you know that the starbucks opened December 28th! If you haven't been back, now you have a reason to go. Don't ask me how I know it opened...it is our first store in Africa, I am all knowing when it comes to the illustrious green siren! How do you say macchiatto in arabic?