Monday, December 18, 2006

Random Thoughts

I have about 15 experiences daily where I wish someone was with me because they're so funny. For example: yesterday, everytime the taxi in front of me applied his breaks, the car (don't ask me how) would start playing the theme song to Titanic. Every time he took his foot off the breaks the song would reset so I heard the first line to Titanic probably 20 times. Another one: "Mr. Cool" is in line in front of me in the supermarket when suddenly his phone begins to ring. It's ringing with the song, "I'm everything I am because you love me" by Celion Dion. Who does this stuff? Honestly...

I think the people living above me are constantly rearranging their furniture. Not 5 minutes go by, day or night, when I don't hear something moving around. On that note, the neighbors next to me don't seem to understand the concept of answering their moblie, so again, day and night, I hear the William Tell overture. On the theme of noises: there are about 10 cats outside our apartment who never learned how to meow correctly so they--usually in the middle of the night--start moaning and crying and I feel a little like I'm in a horror movie. (I heard a story that a foreigner here got arrested for trying to shoot a cat from his balcony because he was so tired of it's crazy noises.) I also wake up almost nightly and think I'm in an earthquake because my windows will randomly start shaking so loud that I feel like I'm also shaking. All in a nights sleep...

I miss Illegal Petes/Chipolte...desperately. And dad's mongolian chicken of course.

I think I have some stored up tension or something becuase I have these laughing melt-downs almost weekly. Something a little funny will set me off and I'll be on the floor laughing for at least 5 minutes while my roommates watch with awkward grins on their faces. The last time it happened was at this Christmas performance where the choir sang a song called, "Glow Worm" in the middle of all these songs in Latin. The chorus was something like, "Shine little glow worm, glitter." I didn't get it either.

I really, really care about the poor. This past week I thought a lot about the people I want to know and invest in. It's poor kids on the streets. There are between 600,000-1,000,000 street kids in my city and they just need to be loved and told they are worth something.

It's a lot colder here than I expected. My main purpose in showering this season is to get warm. Speaking of which, time to go warm up.

4 comments:

Joyous said...

My dearest Sarah,

Your latest entry made me laugh hysterically! I so wish I was with you to enjoy the random occurrences of your daily life! Perhaps some day...I'm so glad you've discovered whom you want to be working with.

Shine little glow worm, glitter!

Love you,
Joy

Alissa said...

Oh my gosh Sarah, those are hilarious. I will now begin looking into a way to make my car sing when I press on the brakes. I am thinking "We Will Rock You" or Brittany's "Hit Me Baby One More Time" would be good options...
...or maybe not so much.

Cori said...

Sarah -- it's snowing here!!! (Colorado that is) I miss you and I really enjoy reading your blog. Love you dear friend. Merry Christmas!!!

Lesli said...

I have the same experience with my neighbors, except their cell phone plays the theme song from Swan Lake (being Russian and all) haha. :)