Monday, January 22, 2007

I could hear the angels singing!

Today, I went to, yes, STARBUCKS!!!! The moment I walked in the door I was overwhelmed with the joy of the coffee shop of all coffee shops and had to hold myself back from kissing the floor. Unfortunately, they didn't have chai or soy milk so I had to pass on my very, very favorite drink in the world, but I cherished every drop of my grande non-fat vanilla latte. I kid you not, I even brought the cup home with me.

I brought my Arab sister with me. We sat in the comfy chairs sipping our latte and mocha and I felt as if, for a moment, I was actually in a place where people could understand me and I had a car and there were even mountains outside I could play in. I tell you, nothing could get me down after my Starbucks!!!

The last couple of days have had challenges as well. Our toilet broke, I got screamed at by a neighbor because our house-cleaner cleaned our rugs over her balcony (oops!), and she also dropped a rug that got stuck dangling on an electric cord on the 2nd floor.
One of my roommates said she would take care of everything, but didn't, so I had to approach our neighbors this evening and use a squeegee while dangling over the balcony to retrieve the run-away carpet. I triumphed rather quickly though and returned the carpet to it's rightful place--under the couch. Today, I got lost on the way to my sisters house (again!) and had to get out of the microbus because he was turning around. Fortunately, a guy walked me to the place I needed to get to, though I think his motive was more in effort to find a wife than humanitarian. Nevertheless, I made it there with no major problems.

Really though, all the problems of the last few days are forgotten as I relish in the precious hour sitting in heaven today--oh, I mean Starbucks.

8 comments:

Cori S said...

Sarah - I can picture you in Starbucks thoroughly enjoying the latte. Miss you and think of you often! love, Cori

Joyous said...

YAY! That's not exactly what I was thinking of to help cheer you up, but whatever works! Is it close enough you can frequent it often? Or is it kinda far from where you live?

Can't wait until we can chat again!

My love to you, Joyous

Sarah/Eve said...

Joy, I always enjoy responding to your blog comments. Do you actually read them?

As for frequenting Starbucks, it's about 15 min from me, but the prices are so flipping expensive I can only, in good conscience, visit on rare occassions. I spent more today on my latte than I've spent on food in the last 3 days!

Ya salem!

lesli said...

ahh, Starbucks...it is a rare and precious gift when you are overseas! Glad you got to enjoy it! I will live vicariously through you in this moment...

Anonymous said...

did you know that starbucks burns their beans? how do you like it so well?
:)
liana

Joyous said...

oh do i read them! i wait anxiously to re-scan the comment files. i'll treat you to some SB whenever i can!

Reagan said...

I found you through my twin brother's facebook page (Jared Miller). wa kunt mabsoot AWI AWI AWI al ashen ana zakirt fi Masr kamaan iss-anna illi fatit! Kunt fi AUC/ALI wa zakirt arabie bess. ana baheb el logha ketir awi wa masr washani bimoot... rabbina ma3ki ya sarah, wa lazem tekli shwayya koshary wa fiteer l'ana, maashi? tab. yalla. boy boy! :) oh - lo inti azya tiktibini, ... reagan.a.miller@gmail.com.

Reagan said...

oh! and I totally forgot! AL STARBUCKS FAYN BIZUPT!?!?! HOWA LAZEM YEKOON GEDID, SAH?? i had to go all the way to Istanbul for my first starbucks fil shark al awset...