Sunday, February 18, 2007

It's a lovely day for...

  • Well, I haven't written much recently primaily because there's nothing new going on. I'm enjoying Arabic more than ever before. I started the past tense a couple of weeks ago (I know! I'm 4 1/2 months in to language study, just starting past tense, and I'm ahead of most other students!) and I love it! There's this complicated system to it, but I actually understand it. And, I'd never realized how much we talk in the past tense until I couldn't do it. Now, I can and it openes up an entire world of conversation for me! The weather the past few days has been beautiful. Mid 70s and breezy. Yesterday, we ate outside and I felt like I was in the summer in Colorado. My neighbor and I wandered around for a long time yesterday and I think I had the most productive outing of all my time overseas. I had 4 things to get done, and I got 3 of them done with no problems. The 4th was a no-go, but 75% is much higher than average. I have a friend coming to visit on Tuesday so she and I will probably go and adventure somewhere out of the city for a few days and I'm looking forward to getting away as well. No new stories, minus a few more marriage proposals and the usual. I'm afraid I don't even notice the strange things anymore because they're becoming normal to me and then I won't have anymore stories! Let's hope that doesn't happen! I promise that next time I post I'll have something good to say. Happy day!

No comments: