Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Luxor/Aswan


I realized tonight I never posted anything from a great trip to Upper Egypt. Joy, Su, Heather, and I took the train down to southern (i.e. Upper because the Nile flows from South to North) Egypt for a couple of sweltering days seeing temples and heiroglyphics. Here are the highlights!



Luxor Temple is really big and sits in the middle of the city. We ate lunch at McDonalds and looked into it from the windows.




Hmmm. I don't remember where, but it's cool!




Wow, don't remember this one either.






Overlooking Lake Nassar on the Aswan Dam. I tried to get the crocodiles to visit, but they never came.




Two cool statues.




King Tut's tomb in the Valley of the Kings.




Queen Hapshetsut's temple. It was my favorite.




Heiroglyphics! They were all over the place!



We also went to Karnak Temple, which is the biggest temple in the world.

All in all it was a cool trip and I'm glad I saw it, but don't need to see it again. In my opinion (sorry history people), if you've seen one, you've seen them all. My favorite was the Aswan Dam and Lake Nasser--it was beautiful.

1 comment:

heather :) said...

I want to go back!!