Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Good and the...er...different

Bonus: a KitchenAid mixer. I originally took it off the registry because I didn't feel I could justify owning it, but after a long talk with my mom about it, she convinced me that it's worth it. She also assured me that, in case we moved overseas, she would happily "borrow" it until we returned. Plus, I felt like a major bargain shopper. I got it for $130 off, and used only gift cards for it.


On another note, one emissions test and two visits to the tag office later, the good ole' Camry is now an official GA resident. This means 4 things for me:
1. I am not nearly as cool driving around with a GA license plate as I was with a CO plate.
2. I can no longer expect that people assume I just don't know where I'm going when I'm flipping u-turns and cutting into turning lanes at the last second.
3. I will now devote a lot more time to finding my car in parking lots. (Good thing it's still sporting a certain presidential candidates bumper sticker on the back so I can find it a bit faster!)

4. I am officially Georgian--minus the accent and passion for Waffle House, Chick fil-a (though I just discovered they have spectacular chicken biscuits), and Cracker Barrel. That's kind of a big deal.

5 comments:

Lesli said...

wait, are you saying you do or you don't like Chick-Fil-A and Cracker Barrel? Who doesn't like these places?????????

Sarah said...

It's not that I don't like them (amazing chicken biscuits!!!), but I just don't feel the kind of loyalty to them that many people I've met do (i.e. I would probably never choose one of those places of Chipotle!). But, they're for sure good still!

Lisa said...

Sarah Sarah... I'm sure you will eventually grow to become a loyal Chick-Fil-A patron. I think their's is the one restaurant that I miss. I find it amusing that Georgia's license plates have a web address on them. Do people in them parts actually use those computer thingy's? You'll definitely love your mixer, I'm excited for you! I miss you!

the Beckster said...

oh, don't worry, your passion will come. :) those places are SO southern! love 'em, i do.

AND - so excited you have a kitchen aid mixer! I want one so badly...but i'm waiting for a reason like yours. :) That is going to be FIRST on my registry!!! :)

Liana said...

at least you won't have a wyoming plate living in colorado. we get crap for having colorado plates here, but we're moving back and will have wyoming tags by the time we go...unless we can sneak around town as greeneys illegally.