Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jonathan the Actor


So one day a few months ago one of the residents walks into the coffee shop and chats with me over the counter. I hardly remember the conversation when I get a call a few days later from the same woman, asking if I would be interested in being an extra on a TV show. Apparently I have "a look". She doesn't give me any additional information except for a location, an appointed time, and the promise of $50 and a free meal. Always up for an adventure, I went.

Turns out I was needed as a background extra for the show "Hell Date" on BET. In this picture you can see me snacking on my nachos while the main people do their thing. For those of you who aren't avid BET watchers, the premise of this dating show is that one of the daters is really an actor with an over-the-top personality or quirk. You can catch all the episodes online, and this one in particular is the last clip of Episode 10.

If you'd like, set your Tivo or DVR to record the show... I have a larger part in an upcoming episode, though because of nondisclosure agreements I can't tell you what I do.

2 comments:

the Beckster said...

LOL!!!

you rock, jonathan.

Lesli said...

my first reaction was.."oh my gosh, I can't believe Jonathan is wearing a wife-beater shirt and took off his jacket like that...no wait, that guys too tall...well it could just be the angle, it does kind of look like him...ohhh, there he is in the red box". HAHAHA. Very funny. You are a star!