Thursday, September 04, 2008

California

A few months ago, Jonathan and I decided we wanted to take a fun we're-married-and-travel-together trip. We decided to visit some of our closest friends who are living in Oakland, CA. I was counting down the days to see Calvin and Lesli and get a break from Hotlanta.

Then, a few weeks ago, Jonathan ended up having 3 out of 4 of his employees resign from the coffee shop(two moved out of the country and one started an internship). Needless to say, Jonathan couldn't take 4 days off of work when he only had 1 other person working for him.

So, I promised him I wouldn't leave my heart in San Francisco and set off for a great weekend on my own. Even though I missed Jonathan tons, it was one of the best trips I've been on that I can remember!

Lesli and I met the same summer I met Jonathan--the 3 of us were on the same English teaching team in Thailand. (Lesli and I always joke about how Jonathan changed our lives by pulling our luggage into the same room, determining that we would be roommates for the summer.) Ever since our summer together, Lesli and I have been wonderful friends. She is my greatest inspiration of someone who runs after the Lord without wavering, and has always been a great encouragement and accountability partner for me as well.

Anyway, my time with them was even more refreshing than I imagined! By the time I left, my spirit felt encouraged and I was ready to step back into our often chaotic life here. I'm so thankful for the people God has given me!

Anyway, here are a few of the photographic highlights.

The first day, we headed into the city. Here we are at Pier 39 looking at the sea lions.


It's not a true trip to San Fran without clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl!

And, a picture of the 3 of us overlooking the bay. Isn't it beautiful?

We also went for a hike in the Muir Woods, ate lots of Lesli's great cooking, got pedicures, and saw a movie. It couldn't have been better!

No comments: