Friday, May 28, 2010

And The Verdict Is...

"You're fine. You don't have gestational diabetes."

That's all the OB nurse said to me when I asked her today. I was hoping for a "Congratulations!" or "Way to go, champ." But all I got was a simple "okay" lab result. She must have never taken the test and doesn't realize what it means to go on a 72 hour sugar binge.

My arms, on the other hand, are still feeling the results of a few too many pokes.
The usual lab tech was out that day, so I got someone who usually does another job...clearly. There was a lot of poking and prodding for blood during my second pokes.

No worries though. I'm back to my usual healthy, but sometimes sugary diet.

2 comments:

Lesli said...

Yay! Good job processing all that sugar! :)

Kathryn said...

I love my desserts, but having to eat them could make you a little crazy. Glad all is well with you and baby Aurora.