Saturday, May 01, 2010

I Love My Husband

Throughout the pregnancy, I've been pretty level-headed. My hormones haven't been any crazier than normal...other than this past Thursday night.

We were running late to small group and I quickly threw together a quick salad for us to eat at our friends' house. When we got out of the car, I lost my grasp on one of the containers of salad and it quickly tumbled out of my hands. The Tupperware lid popped off and before I knew it, there was spinach, strawberries, and almonds scattered all over our friends' yard.

My oh-so-rational response was to cry out and my eyes immediately filled with tears over the spilled salad. I was trying to keep it together when Jonathan jumped in to save the day. Without a second thought, he was on his knees in our friend's yard scraping the salad back into the container, specifically picking up each individual almond and strawberry while saying, "Ooh, this looks so good! It's no problem, just some more greens!"

Within 45 seconds, every last bit of the salad (plus some grass clippings) were back in the bowl and later consumed by my loving husband. He does a great job at keeping me sane!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

He is one fabulous guy! I hope the extra greens were tasty.