Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sugar Binge: Day 1

We got to sleep in for the first time in months today, so we enjoyed a leisurely morning with husband-made breakfast on our terrace. After a great church service, we went where everyone goes to buy cheap, processed, sugary food: Wal-Mart. When we left, we decided we were never going back. Wal-Mart just isn't our kind of place...no matter how big the rollbacks are. I ate a snack on the way home, we ate lunch and I lost in scrabble, went to the pool to show off my baby belly (since there's no way my 1 piece is fitting these days), came home and watched TV (via the internet), ate dinner, and worked on baby projects (check them out at my other blog) and finished the night with a little snack.

Here's the breakdown:
Morning weigh-in: 160lbs (yikes! I've never weighed that much in my life!)

Breakfast: 2 pieces of french toast (in honor of my parents who get the real thing as they spend the next month in France) and 1/4 cup of maple syrup. (I literally ate mine with a spoon because there was so much syrup.)
-feeling: like I ate too much sugar, definite stomachache

Snack: tapioca pudding
-feeling: starving, it's 1:30pm and I haven't eaten since breakfast!

Lunch: totinos party pizza (our secret shame)
-feeling: full and greasy. this is where heart attacks come from.

Snack: not-quite a pint of Rocky Road ice cream and some black licorice
-feeling: ice cream is about my favorite thing, but not-quite a pint is too much even for me

Dinner: baked potato with ranch and salsa
-feeling: not too bad...

Drink: 2 bananas, milk, and chocolate sauce blended.
-feeling: remember that time bananas and chocolate were yummy?

Dessert: homemade strawberry pie
-feeling: eat fast so I won't feel as full!

Jonathan's comments throughout the day:
9am: "When you eat, I have to eat too!"
3pm: "I have a headache."
4pm: see picture

8pm: "My head still hurts."
9pm: "Ooh, strawberry pie!"

No comments: