Monday, May 24, 2010

Sugar Binge: Day 2

Today was easier than yesterday, probably because I was at work. I was kind of surprised that I wasn't more full than I was. I ate about as much as I normally do, except it was all sugar and calories rather than fruit and veggies. The high of the day was probably the strawberry pie. The low is definitely that I never really knew what heartburn was until today. (That could just be pregnancy too, though.)

Here you have it:
Weigh-in: 160lbs (to be fair, it was 162 before I went to bed last night)

Breakfast: bagel and cream cheese
-feeling: great! I love bagels!!!!

Snack 1: tapioca pudding
-feeling: fine. Not exactly what I wanted for a morning snack, but it was fine.

Snack 2: grape juice
-feeling: I remember this tasting a lot better when I was 12. Hmmm, what's that slight burning sensation in my chest?

Lunch: baked potato with Ranch and Salsa
-feeling: like I'm eating leftovers

Snack 3: strawberry pie
-feeling: Wow, this would taste a lot better if I got to enjoy it's sweetness more. And...that slight burning is turning into some major burning. Ouch!

Dinner: BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avacado, tomato) sandwiches, a little bit of cantaloupe, salad
-feeling: Hmmm, I didn't know heartburn could be so severe that it hurts to swallow.

Snack 4.1: Fast Break Candy Bar
-feeling: gotta love peanut butter and chocolate. And it definitely gets rid of the TUMS taste in my mouth. My heart is only burning a bit now.

Snack 4.2: Banana
-2 bananas before bed was way too much. Let's try one. Hopefully it'll give me my daily sugar AND fight those crazy charlie horses I get at night!

Jonathan's comments:
"Are you sure your heartburn isn't because of how much you love me?"

"Ooh, can I have more strawberry pie???"

1 comment:

Katy said...

Oh, the heartburn! I got to a point where I was eating seriously 15-20 tums a day to take care of it...I was fine with that, but when I casually mentioned it to my Dr, she said there are much better ways to fix the problem! I started taking 1 Zantac mid-morning and that took care of the whole thing most days. When I ate crazy things, I also had to take a second one in the evening. It was SO much better-- easier, no taste, and I seriously felt zero of the burn when I remembered to take it.

You're doing so well! Good job keeping up with your sugar binge...boo on having to do it, but yay for knowing early if there's a problem!

Love you!