Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sugar Binge: Day 3

I'm so happy today is the final day of the sugar binge. I'm not sure I could have done it another day. I definitely went into a sugar mania today. I talked at lightning speed and definitely lacked patience in dealing with participants at work today. My co-workers laughed and at least one participant cried (though he did bring the fury upon himself!).

Weigh-in: I forgot...
Weigh-out: 164lbs. (I think my belly button went from an innie to an outie today.)

Breakfast: bagel and cream cheese and 1/2 caf coffee
-feeling: surprisingly hungry after my breakfast

Snack 1: cherry coke and yogurt (the yogurt didn't count as a sugar food)
-feeling: slightly maniacal

Lunch: Turkey sandwich
-yummy!!! real food to slow my talking speed just slightly

Snack 2: Strawberry pie
-feeling: in a hyper, sugary fog. Very heartburn-y.

Snack 3.1: Candy bar
-feeling: hungry. I talked Jonathan's ear off for a good 45 minutes while we drove to meet Alex, our newest little nephew!

Isn't he adorable???

Dinner: Pho
-feeling: full. If rice noodles don't count as a bread or a starch, I don't want to know about it.

Snack 4: bubble tea
-feeling: full still. If bubble tea doesn't count as a sugary snack, it at least counts as a starch with all of the tapioca balls at the bottom.

Snack 3.2: banana (and Tums)
-feeling: sick and tired of eating. Actually looking forward to not being allowed to eat until at least 11am tomorrow.

Jonathan's comments:
"I feel like I could throw up for you."

Sarah's best conversation of the day:
Participant: "I need to go to the hospital."
Sarah: "What? Why? What's wrong? What happened? I don't understand what you're talking about."
Participant: "My cat bit me and I need to go to the doctor."
Sarah: "I don't understand. What's going on? You have to go to the emergency room? I don't know what to do."
Participant: (sighs and rubs his head in annoyance)
Sarah: "I'm really sorry I don't know what you're talking about. I've had too much sugar today and I can't think clearly. You're going to have to start over and explain it to me in more detail."
Participant: "I. need. to. go. to. the. hospital. because. my. cat. bit. me. and. i. think. my. hand. is. infected. I. need. to. be. dropped. off. at. home. early."
Sarah: "Oh, okay, okay, okay. Let me help you out there. Yeah, cat bites are rough. Where are you going to the hospital? Do you have a car to drive yourself? Who should I talk to to get you dropped off early?"
Participant: (sighs again) I. have. a. car. Can. you. ask. the. van. driver. to. drop. me. off. first
Sarah: "Oh yeah, sure. Why didn't you ask me in the first place? (Sarah runs off with Participant trailing behind.)

No comments: