Friday, September 10, 2010

Growing Pictures

I finally came up with a fun way to show Rory's age with my monthly pictures, but it didn't happen for her 1 week and 1 month. Here's what we have so far!

1 Week

1 Month


We went to the doctor for her 1 month checkup on Wednesday. Apparently, this girl likes to eat. She's gained 3 1/2 lbs. since her first doctor's appointment. We did the math and it averages out to almost 2oz a day...when normal is about 1oz per day of weight gain. She's definitely chunky!

She also has thrush...which explains some more of the terrible pain in breastfeeding. At least it's not as bad as the mastitis was. BUT, breastfeeding is a good thing and is worth it. We'll figure out a rhythm where neither of us are in pain...eventually.

A final fun note: We realized that Rory was born on our 3 year dating anniversary. It took us back to that skype conversation with Jonathan in Rome, GA and me in Cairo telling him, "I'm in. Not a little, but all the way." Eleven days later we were engaged, and married 5 months after that!

3 comments:

Lesli said...

WOW! Is it possible she is looking more like Jonathan now?? haha. She is amazing! And even with the bfeeding obstacles, she is getting tons of nutrients- that must be very encouraging! Great job! What a blessing! :)

Kathryn said...

Been there done that...thrush, mastitis. It comes with the territory!

I will never forget Jonathan sitting in my kitchen and telling me about this girl Sarah, and how God was telling him to pursue a relationship with her. I said "that is great, when I can meet her?" To which J replies, well she doesn't know it yet and she lives in Egypt. I'm thinking, "a girl in Egypt, that will be a great relationship!" 7 months later and I'm in Colorado for the wedding. What a great story, a great couple and a greater God.

HomemadeMother said...

Its amazing how fast little ones grow. My daughter is already almost 2 1/2 and I'm in total disbelief about it. Enjoy every moment!