Thursday, January 13, 2011

Confessions and/or 11 Quick Takes

I'm following the blog trend and stealing this idea from Loving Dangerously and Making Home.  Ooh, where to start.  Here are 11 things you probably didn't know about me.

1.  My guilty pleasure TV show is America's Next Top Model.  I've seen every season.  All 15 of them.

2.  I am not an animal person.  Nor am I kid person.  Now hear me out.  I'm not saying I don't like kids or that I'm building a gingerbread house to lure little children into.  I'm just saying I'm not a kid person.  I didn't grow up around kids or babysitting and honestly, I just feel really uncomfortable around anyone under the age of 12.  It's really nothing personal.  I actually cried the last time I worked in the nursery at church because I was so uncomfortable.  And of course, it's not your kids that make me feel uncomfortable.  Just everyone else's.

3.  To pass the time during Tuesday's snow day, Jonathan and I took turns pretending we were dead bodies needing to be moved to different places.  I absolutely ADORE my husband.

4.  My favorite foods are coffee, ice cream, and Mongolian chicken.

5.  I tell everyone I grew up in Boulder, but I really only lived there for 9 1/2 years.  The rest of my childhood was spent in Iowa, North Carolina, and Florida.

6.  I eat Kraft Mac and Cheese at least once a week.  I can't get enough of it.  I also remember places and vacations by the food I ate.

7. I'm kind of a pacifist. I'm also sort of vegetarian, slightly environmentally conscious, somewhat democratic, and a little bit minimalistic.  It's hard for me to really stand for a cause because I'm pretty non-committal with all of my ideals.  Really, it's because I want to stand for love and love alone. If certain ideals fall into loving others better, I'll stand for it, but in the name of love.  Not in the name of that specific cause.

8. It really bugs me when people use lots. of. periods. in. a. sentence.  It takes me forever to read those sentences.  Plus, I'm not entirely convinced they know that it's not grammatically correct.  Same goes for the use of the word literally.   Oh, and I HATE it when people say things are retarded or gay.

9.  I tell everyone I ran a half-marathon, but I didn't really.  I trained for it, but ended up having a schedule conflict and didn't run the actual race.

10.  Have I talked about how much I love my job?  I LOVE my job.  I may change my mind tomorrow, but at this point, I don't want to be a stay-at-home mom.  Lots of people aren't okay with that decision, but I am.  I am so glad that I get to spend my days loving anywhere from 20-30 people who need support and encouragement so badly.  Of course I feel guilty that Rory spends 1/2 of her week in daycare, but she knows she's loved by her parents no matter what.  Some of my participants have received less love in their entire lifetime than Rory has experienced in 5 months.  I'm doing a good thing.

11.  I have lots of opinions about things.  Surprise, I know.  But, when I share my opinions I don't expect you to conform to them. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.  So, after reading all of my confessions, don't think I have different views of you if we don't see eye to eye on these things.  I really like YOU and I hope our differences in opinions will help us to become more full of love and understanding for each other.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Love your honesty! And I love that Jonathan married you!

Sarah said...

Thanks Kathryn!

Kim, if you are reading this, I'd love for you to email me so we can talk more. My email is drinkitin@gmail.com

Tatorgirl said...

Love that honesty. This is one of the few things that made me smile today....even while itching and cursing the hives that torture me!

Mandi Sue said...

My Confession~ I didn't know everything on this list (Top Model? Every season? Come on!:) But, honestly none of them surprise me. One of the things I love about you is your tendency to be a bit eccentric, I think it's why we get along so well.

Anne M said...

Aw, this list makes me smile, Sarah. I'm happy to hear that you're doing well, and love blog-stalking the photos of your beautiful growing family.

Anne M said...

Aw, this list makes me smile, Sarah. I'm happy to hear that you're doing well, and love blog-stalking the photos of your beautiful growing family.