Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Knit Vest

In the beginning of December, my mom asked for a knit vest.  I mailed it to her last week.  Yep, it took me 3 months and the entire winter season to make it for her.  And it even knit up quickly.  Hopefully she'll get to enjoy it at least for a month or so as Colorado hangs onto winter.

 Oh, and did you notice the stripe in it?  Definitely not intentional but I got confused and ended up purling rather than knitting on the outside.
 I got this pattern specifically because it had reviews of knitting up really fast. It did..but I had to do it with 17 gauge needles...which slowed me down because they're so big and bulky.  I don't think I'll do that again.
 It's a  Ravelry pattern.  It's called the Super Bulky Outer Vest.
 ***And yes, I realize I haven't posted a More with Less Monday in a couple of weeks.  Don't worry, it'll be back eventually.  I guess I don't like to give myself more responsibility and obligation outside of what I already have!***

No comments: