Thursday, April 14, 2011

30 Days of Pictures: Day 1

Okay, so I've got this new fun idea that I stole from facebook where I'm going to post a picture every day relating to the category given to me.  (Does this make up for my lack of posts over the last month?)

A Picture Of Yourself With 10 Facts:
1. I have a fantastic life and am really, really happy.  I mean, really, I don't think it could get much better than this.
2.  I love change and unpredictability.  Unless it's a movie.  I'll enjoy the movie more if I know what happens at the end.  It's the same with books.  I made friends tell me how the Twilight series ends before I got into the books.
3.  I'm married to the most amazing guy in the world.  I can count on one hand the times I've been mad at him...and that's pretty awesome.
4.  We also have a really great kid.  She looks absolutely nothing like me which is kind of fun because people say lots of strange things to me like, "Is her daddy dark?" or "Your baby has a great tan." or "Is she Chinese?"  Sometimes people fish for explanations, but I don't give them answers in hopes that they'll say something strange.
5.  I don't recycle, but I do use cloth diapers and make my own laundry detergent and deodorant.
6.  We decided last week that we don't want to raise our kids in America.  We also think it would be great to adopt an African baby.
7.  I hate following rules.  I follow them if I have to (i.e. my job), but will even break rules I make for myself because I hate rules that much.  I haven't figured out how to trick myself into following my own rules yet.
8.  I have spoken or can presently speak (some) Spanish, English, Arabic, and American Sign Language.  (Notice I didn't say Turkish.  I don't even think I could count to 10 when we left.  Jonathan was my translator which is totally weak sauce.)
9.  I have one of the most rewarding jobs ever.  And, I absolutely adore all the people I work with.
10.  I really hope that every single thing I do is based on love for God and love for others.  It's not always, but I always want to move in that direction.  Jonathan is a great help at that because he's so full of love and grace.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

So, what country are you going to raise your babies in? Are we invited?

Charlie said...

I enjoyed reading these 10 things. I laughed a bit because of #2 and #3.

JEN said...

ummm first, you look so gorgeous here! hot mama!! =) and ummmm where are you goning to raise your kids?

Sarah said...

For the record, only God knows if we're really going to raise our kids overseas and if we do, we have no idea where!

Lesli said...

*GASP* You don't recycle? oh my gracious. :) You will be shocked at how we don't throw almost anything away at our house, then...we can actually recycle or compost most things here. (not all cities are equipped like ours is!) We throw out ONE trash bag a month! Props to Calvin for caring about this A LOT more than I do.

Also- do you do sign language with Rory?

Kathryn said...

I love your haircut! Yes, you are married to an amazing guy. And we would love to see ya'll sometime...maybe summer!

Amy said...

Is there a like button on here? :)

Amy said...

Is there a like button on here? ;)