Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Thankful

I've been toying around with ideas of how to put the word thankful up in our house.  I spent hours on this website messing around, but ended up deciding against that project.

So, at a random moment of inspiration, I got together a bunch of vintage fabric and made this banner.  (I know, I know.  The lighting is terrible.)

About once a year, a certain word or phrase stands out to me and becomes my (for lack of a better word) mantra.  This year, it's the word "thankful."  I hope I can live by it and be reminded of it on a daily basis.

Here's one of my new favorite quotes by Graham Cooke:
"There are no good days and bad days; only days of grace.  Some days, God gives us the grace to enjoy.  Other days we are given the grace to endure."

  I made it with Heat 'n Bond, my new favorite thing ad it took me about 30 minutes.  Fast projects are the best kind of projects!
Oh, and as usual, all the awesome fabric I used was given to me.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Love it!

Kathryn said...

The quote is wonderful! Are y'all in your new house? When will you blog about that?

Nessa Roo said...

um...I got your blog by the beauty of the Next Blog button, because sometimes I come across a really great one. I'm not sure how you're going to take this, since I don't know you, but...
In that last pic, the banner kind of looks like teeth, and it seems to me that the wall has eaten whoever was sitting in that chair.
Gosh. Have a great day.

Jes said...

This is such a cute idea! :)