Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wardrobe Restyle

I stumbled upon the most beautiful 90s era dress in a thrift store.  I wasn't exactly sure how to make it work, but I couldn't live without it.

Here's the dress before I did anything to it.

 Those tie pockets bring back some memories, don't they?  The skirt went to about mid calf on me as well.  Ewwww.

So, I did a bit of snipping, seam ripping, and hemming and about 25 minutes later ended up with a shorter, pocket-free dress.  And I LOVE it!!!!

(I know, the picture above is totally weird.  
I'm still learning how to do these types of photos.)


The first time I wore it out, this really cool girl with tattoos all over asked me where I got it because she wanted one too.  That is the jackpot of awesomeness.

3 comments:

Stacee said...

Super Cute!
PS- Rory is so tan. Where did she come from? :)

Ahnes said...

the child is so cute!

Kirwin said...

That dress is very chic!