It was much easier than I even thought it would be!
In the process, I learned how to smock fabric. (Smocking is where the fabric is gathered and stretchy.)
Smocking is sooooo easy too! I smocked both the top and the legs of the sunsuit.
The other thing I learned to do was installing snaps. This project had a bit of a bigger learning curve for me and I had to replace one of the snaps (hence the different colors).
The worst part was that the very first time I tried this on Rory, she scratched her foot on the broken snap and wailed and wailed. It never feels good to see your kid cry...especially if you caused it! Of course she got over it in a minute and was fine.
All I've gotta say, is I think she'll finish out the summer with a few more sunsuits. This cuteness needs to be continued.
Photo Shoot Outtakes: