Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cake

Last month, we had a non-traditional dedication for Rory and about 40 people came to our tiny little apartment to celebrate and pray for her.  It was pretty great. 

I ended up needing to make a cake for the event at the last minute due to some complications with my previous dessert plans.  I had 1 box of yellow cake mix, 1 box of red velvet, peaches, strawberries, and cream cheese.  And here's what I ended up with!

 A four layer cake with cream cheese frosting and peaches and strawberries in the middle.  I based the idea loosely off of something I saw here, but used cream cheese frosting instead.  I also preferred the edges to remain unfrosted.

So, I know the pictures are not the best, but the cake was super, super good.  It was a little bit risky because I didn't frost the cake or add the fruit until about 10 minutes before the gathering started.  It turned out well though!

4 comments:

Emgee said...

That looks beyond heavenly to a pregnant lady right now....at 1 am...who happens to be hungry....

GOOD JOB!

Sarah said...

It's very pregnant lady friendly Emgee. ;)

L O L! said...

oh that cake look yummi. : D

Tita Brenda said...

It looked kinda like a Dr Seuss cake, but it was absolutely yummy!