Saturday, August 13, 2011

1 Year of Rory!!!!

Time really does fly when you're helping a kid grow up.  It's been a blast and we've been soooo blessed with a very easy kid.  None of the promises of sleepless nights and total exhaustion came true.

Here are the recent Rory-isms:
  • She regularly takes one step, but then sits down and crawls
  • She can sign "more" and calls everything "dada"
  • She usually goes down for naps and sleeping without even crying
  • She loves being read to
  • She uses her pacifier as a manipulation tool: throwing it out of her crib and then crying for mom and dad when she wakes up from a nap, throwing it at dad if he's asleep and she wants him to wake up, and throwing it over the gate into the kitchen so we let her in.
  • She definitely has some stranger anxiety.  It takes 15-20 minutes for her to warm up to a new environment and even then, she doesn't like people other than her parents to hold her.  She's happiest at home with mommy and daddy.

And finally, we made ourselves a little slideshow chronicling the past 12 months of joy she's given us.  Have a look!


Thanks for the best year yet, sweet girl!

7 comments:

Jess said...

Ha! Love the video... we all watched it together. Silas & I loved the pouty face @ about 2-3 months... and Maranatha & Baxter thought she was crying (not laughing) about you blowing the pacifier in her face. LOL! Great video... happy birthday sweet Rory!

Emgee said...

Happy Birthday Rory!
What a great video. My favourite part(s) are when she smiles. She doesn't just smile with her mouth..no. When Rory smiles, her ENTIRE FACE smiles! I absolutely love it!

Time sure is flying by. Enjoy every minute!

SaoirseD said...

I love that skirt. Its beautiful. Where did you get? If I can get it in Ireland for my little lady I will :)
x
Saoirse

Sarah said...

Thanks SaoirseD! I made the skirt for her, so I"m not sure you can find it in Ireland. :( Sorry!

Lesli said...

So cute! loved the video! :)

Tamara said...

Love the video! Such a cute idea with the numbers♥

Mike D. Jones said...

I stumbled on your site and though I do not know your or your family I was immediately captivated by your video. Thanks so so much for sharing the love. It out a big smile on my face. What a great way to start the day!