Thursday, September 15, 2011

Summer Romper

So, it's not that I haven't been sewing lots of things.  It's just that I haven't made the time to put them into blog form.  We love saving money on internet.  However, anything involving uploading pictures or other things to the internet takes FOREVER, so its hard to get motivated.

Anyway, I made this romper last June.  It's one of my favorite projects because I actually drafted the pattern myself.  No tutorials or pattern pieces.  Just me and lots of measuring.


 The back top panel is all smocked so she can grow into it.  The back of the straps snap on so they can be adjusted as well.
 The front is gathered to give the fabric some texture.

The bottoms were supposed to look a bit more like shorts than they did, but I don't think I quite gathered them in the right places.  There's also a snap closure on the bottom for all of those diaper changes!



I definitely enjoyed drafting my own pattern and I'm looking forward to doing more of it in the future!

1 comment:

Emgy said...

That's a VERY cute romper!! I love the pattern choice too. =)