Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vacation

Though it may not have been the best idea for anyone else, Jonathan and I decided to take a break from using all of our vacation visiting others, so we packed up and headed to the beach for a week.  We rented a house on Mexico Beach, which is in the Florida Panhandle.  We had a blast with Jonathan's sister's family for the first few days as well!

 Here are some of the highlights.  (This is a very picture-heavy post!)


 Rory loved the beach!









 As you can tell, it was very stormy for our first couple of days.  One day, we saw some of the fury of Tropical Storm Lee.  It blew the awning off of this house and took out our power for a few hours.  It also made for some 6-8 foot swells for some great body surfing though.

Once it cleared up, we enjoyed some great sand and sun on the beach.


















 If you look closely in the background, you can see a dolphin jumping out of the water!
I think we're going to have to make a tradition of beachy family vacations!

7 comments:

Leah said...

love it!!! looks like you guys had an amazing time getting away...loved all the pics!

Emgy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I can say I'm jealous. The beach looks absolutely beautiful!

-Kacey said...

Wow, those pictures are beautiful! You're family is so cute!

Lianna said...

Gorgeous pictures!! Looks like you all enjoyed a wonderful trip... I'm definitely jealous as well. I love the picture of the many sea shells...

Sarah M. said...

I randomly found your blog this evening, and must say that my eyes got large when I saw you vacationed in Mexico Beach! I live about 5 minutes from there! I do hope you enjoyed your time and I'm thankful that you stayed longer than Lee! It looks like it was at least a beautiful ending to your vaca!

Michelle P said...

Love the kissy face picture!

Anonymous said...

i like the one where she was eyeing the seashells put in front of her.