Monday, October 31, 2011
Sunday, October 16, 2011
If you're not on Pinterest and you need another time-sucking habit, you should join.
Here are some of my wardrobe inspirations found from there.
I love the sweetheart neckline and vintage fabric.
Pink and red together.
Short, structured skirts.
A-line dresses. And Shabby Apple in general.
Easy to sew.
Winter coat with a bow.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Rory is 14 months!!!
The highlights of this past month were:
- Walking full time...unless she wants to go backwards. Then, she does a "moonwalk crawl" where she crawls forward with her knees and pushes herself back with her hands. It's ridiculous.
- She can now say 3 1/2 words: more, uh-oh, Rory, and occasionally she says I love you.
- She can sign for: more (3rd picture down on the right) and ask for water
- She can point out her head, nose, ears, and mouth
- She takes 2 or 3 walks per day with her daddy. During the walks, she picks up every acorn she sees and hands each individual one to her dad.
- We read her something like 14 books a day. She loves reading--just like her Grandpa and Grandma. Her favorite books are Counting Cows and God Made Animals. She always chuckles when we make the "meow" noise for the cat.
- She loves brushing her teeth every morning with mommy. She brushes them by herself at first, and then lets mommy finish for her.
- She is soooooo easy. She still takes 2 naps a day and sleeps 10-11 hours at night. She only cries if she gets hurt, is hungry, or tired.
Here are a few of our favorite stories from this month:
- When Rory wakes up, she throws all of her pacifiers out of her crib and then says, "Uh-oh" until we come and get her.
- We were out to dinner a couple of weeks ago and Rory was in Jonathan's lap and I was next to them in a booth. She kept trying to dip her straw into Jonathan's beer, so we gave her a glass of water instead. Then, before we knew it, she had grabbed the full glass of ice water and poured it all over herself and Jonathan. They were both drenched in ice water and, according to the people across from us, made the exact same face of horror and shock at the same time. Fortunately, we keep extra clothing with us so we could change her and finish our dinner... Jonathan, on the other hand, just had to deal with looking like he peed in his pants.
- This past weekend, we had friends staying with us, so Rory was sleeping in the playpen in our room. At about 2am, when she woke up and saw us, she didn't want to go back to sleep, so we brought her into bed with us thinking she'd sleep that way. Well, she got the giggles instead and started jumping up and down on the bed until she fell over, and then she'd squeal and giggle. She did this over and over again, and even though it was the middle of the night, we couldn't help but delight in her sweet spirit.