Monday, April 23, 2012

20 Months of Rory


Wow.  I can't even begin to explain how much this little one has gone from a baby to a little girl in the past month.  I'm pretty sure we have her sisters to thank for that.  She's come alive in so many ways now that she's got 2 more playmates.  Rory spends her days following her sisters around, taking turns playing with the hot commodity toys, insisting she have a chance to sit on the potty every time the twins go, climbing in her sisters' big girl beds and pretending to sleep, asking for food every 10 minutes, insisting on washing her hands regularly, and filling our hearts with joy, laughter, sweetness, and silliness.  She's a cuddler and indulges our regular desires just to wrap her up in our arms and cuddle her.  Every morning, I get her out of her crib and we just spend some time rocking and cuddling and then after a few minutes, she just looks up at me and grins.  And on some extra special nights, I even sneak her into my bed so I can smoosh myself against her and feel her breathe.  (I get absolutely no sleep on those nights, but it's worth it.)  You're probably tired of me saying this, but our little one lives into her name every day.  She is our light-giver who brings us great joy.

1 comment:

Phillip said...

I love you, Rory Pory! This makes me miss you. You're so sweet. Love, Tito Phillip