Sunday, April 08, 2012

The Big Three-O.

I'd been dreading my 30th birthday for months.  To me, 30s meant old, boring, and frumpy.  Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be that way.  A co-worker of mine said her 30s were her favorite decade because she could still be fun and feel young, but without all of the insecurities 20 somethings face.  When I woke up on Wednesday, I felt good and was so glad to be exactly where I was.  I think it's going to be a good year.

One of the perks to my job is that you get your birthday off.  So, I spent the day with Jonathan and the kids.  We were originally going to head to the Zoo, but we heard that it was super crowded because of spring break, so we just laid low.

We hit up the kids' favorite park in the morning.












Then, we swung by the hardware store to work on a house project, and we spent the rest of the day just relaxing and enjoying one another.




Neither of us had the energy to make a birthday cake, nor did we feel like going out to buy something, so we worked with what we had: 3 free boxes of peeps.  Happy birthday to me.

 Rory's feelings toward Peeps?

animated gif maker
Animated gif maker

Total horror.
 And we finished off the night with a long walk.  We love our neighborhood!


4 comments:

Michelle P said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me! And I agree with your co-worker - 30s have been way better than 20s!

Kathryn said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Everyday, every year is a gift, enjoy it. Remember you get better with age, kinda like wine!

Lesli said...

Peeps??! Bleh. I agree with Rory's face! :)

Cori S said...

ha ha, I remember dreading turning 30. I felt so old - my 20's were so fun!!! So far though, it has been awesome. Glad to hear you had a wonderful day with your family.