Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My New Favorite

It all started with my neighbors telling me that the weeds were about to pull up were actually mint.

What can you do with mint?  Lots of things, but the first place my mind went was...


You got it: Mojitos. 

What I really wanted to do was to make a Strawberry Mojito, so I headed to Super Fresh Foods, our neighborhood grocery store for some strawberries.  Believe it or not, there were actually no super fresh foods at Super Fresh Foods, so I was outta luck and settled for a traditional Mojito instead. 

Though there are about 11, 374 recipes for mojitos on the internet, here is mine:

1. Pick and wash 8-10 mint leaves.
2.  Using a spoon, smash the mint in a glass with 1/4 of a lime.  The key is to lots of smooshing without actually breaking the mint up into pieces because then you accidentally drink it.
3.  Add about 3T of simple syrup (simple syrup=boil 1 part water and 1 part sugar).
4.  Add a bunch of ice.
5.  Add about 2oz of rum.  (I buy the cheap stuff.  And, we actually have a scale so I don't know how much 2oz measures out to.)
6.  Fill the rest of the glass up with tonic water.
7.  Mix and enjoy.

There ya go.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

baptists don't drink!